Level sensors and floats are based on the REED technology used for indicating minimum and maximum liquid levels in various household appliances, such as laundry dryers, dishwashers, steam ovens and coffee machines. Level sensors have a built-in ring magnet, and when the fluid level changes, the float with the magnet slides over the integrated REED switch and activates it.
Strip’s provides the development and production of level sensors according to your requests and application demands. We guarantee top-quality products, made with cutting-edge technological procedures and equipment.
Level sensors are adequately protected with appropriate housings and two component epoxy resins. This gives our switches and sensors higher breakthrough solidity and a certain level of IP protection.
What are the advantages of using REED switches?
- They are hermetically sealed in a glass environment, free from contamination, and safe to use in harsh industrial and volatile environments.
- Reed switches are passive and immune to electrostatic discharge (ESD), and do not require any external ESD protection circuits.
- The isolation resistance between the contacts is as high as 1015 ohms, and contact resistance is as low as 50 milliohms.
- Reed switches can directly switch loads as low as a few micro-watts, without needing external amplification circuits, to as high as 120W.
- Possible modifications for multiple level registration/detection
- No supply current needed
- No-touch switching
- Integrated REED switch
- Various connector systems and mounting options
- Options of normally open, normally closed or single-pole, double-throw
- Various cables and forms available
- Hermetically sealed contacts
- Wide sensitivity ranges
- Quick and easy to install
- Well suited for usage in high-moisture and contaminated environments
- No-contact solution
- Ideal for battery-powered applications, as the contacts do not draw power when in non-activated state
- Reed contacts last for millions of operating cycles under micro-controller voltage and current logic-level loads.
- Position and limit switching
- Level sensing
If you want more information, you can download our brochure STRIP’S – SENSORS.
Feel free to contact us, using the form below. We are looking forward to help you achieve your goals.